Cotswolds Mystery Tour Details
Hello, I’m Polly from Cotswolds Mystery Tour.
My fantastic team and I run a day tour of picturesque hidden Cotswold villages. Whether you’re looking for a great day trip from London, staying here on holiday or just a local who wants to explore more of the area, our Cotswolds Mystery Tour will exceed your expectations.
Having lived in the Cotswolds all my life I’m passionate about showing people around this area of outstanding natural beauty. I know that tourists love to be treated like a local and are curious about how the English conduct their daily lives which is why I created this incredibly special Cotswolds Mystery Tour.
Operating every day throughout the year, our six hour guided tour of North Cotswolds villages will take your breath away.
One of the Cotswolds Mystery Tour guides will take you in our Mercedes minibus to outstanding hidden villages that are inaccessible by public transport. On your tour we’ll share historical tidbits, details about what life is really like here and gentle anecdotes, without it feeling like an endless lecture. We might even sprinkle in bits of gossip about celebrities who live here!
You won’t miss anything in this unspoilt part of England because we’re here to take you on a unique and memorable day through charming little villages that are unknown to most tourists, because they are completely off the beaten track.
The Cotswolds are visited and appreciated all year round and are one of England’s favourite destinations. Beautiful rolling hills, meadows and unspoilt views combine with dreamy thatched cottages, village greens and panoramic countryside views. You’ll see hidden gems of historical buildings, pristine picturesque villages and picture-perfect cottages with no other tourists around. We’ll open up a world within the Cotswolds that you never knew existed.
Each tour is unique because of the different seasons and is guaranteed to please you. Who knows what you will experience? Occasionally we drive through private estates, where you’ll see glorious parkland and the most magnificent houses. On the day of your tour, you may take a private detour that is inaccessible to the public or hold the key to a very special 13th century building. It’s all part of the mystery you’ll never forget.
During the tour you’ll see a selection of amazing honey coloured limestone houses and cottages, view landscapes and drive through parkland, see topiary, historic manor houses and stunning ancient churches. You’ll see National Trust properties, farms, gardens, wells, streams, fords, ponds, barns, dovecotes, animals, wildlife and village greens. You’ll visit picturesque villages that most tourists never get to see – stopping off at some and driving through others. Depending on the time of year, you will be pleasantly surprised at what else we’ll show you too.
We operate with a seven seater Mercedes minibus. This means you’ll see so much of this unspoiled historic area without feeling rushed and it makes the ideal day out for solo travellers, couples or small groups. We know the best places to stop so you can take those all-important memorable photographs – without tourists in the background! Even if just one seat is booked we still run the tour on that day.
Some of you may have taken the Secret Cottage Tour and are wondering if we take the same route. The Cotswolds Mystery Tour is entirely different with no overlap or duplication. So if you enjoyed one tour, we’d encourage you to book the other to get the full benefit of both.
All in all, you’ll spend six hours being our special guest. You’ll be delivered back to Moreton-In-Marsh train station at the end of the day full of happy memories and photographs to treasure. You can try to imagine what it will be like before signing up to the tour if you like; go ahead and dream about the most idyllic place you’ve ever been – but I guarantee the experience will go way beyond your expectations or anything you are capable of imagining!
On your day tour of the Cotswolds, we’ll make sure you don’t go hungry! At 1:30pm we’ll stop at an historical 16th century pub for lunch, costing £7 (Optional). In the afternoon you’ll have time for some souvenir shopping in a famous town.
We do not visit Secret Cottage during the day. The tour route is completely different.
Cotswolds Mystery Tour.
Please wait in the ticket office of Moreton-in-Marsh railway station. We’ll meet you at 10.00, get into the minibus at 10.10 and the tour starts promptly at 10.15. We’ll drop you back at the station at 16.20. We do not do pick ups or drop offs from anywhere else. If you miss the start of the tour at 10.15, we are unable to issue a refund or provide a replacement/free tour on another day.
If you are coming by car
If you are coming by car, the postcode for Moreton-in-Marsh railway station is GL56 0AA. Allow time for busy traffic, time to park your car and to buy a ‘pay and display’ ticket from the machine. Registration is at 10.00 – We will start the tour promptly at 10.15. Even if you contact us to let us know that you are going to be late, we regret that we will be unable to wait for you. There is a car park at the railway station and another as you approach the railway station. Tuesday is market day and therefore, it will take you longer to find a space. If you miss the start of the tour at 10.15, we are unable to issue a refund or provide a replacement/free tour on another day.
If you are arriving by train
If the train is late, we will wait for you or have contingency plans for you to join the tour later.
If you’re arriving and departing by train please check times before you travel by contacting National Rail Enquiries on +44 (0)345 7 484950 or visit https://www.gwr.com. We constantly check and update the following train times. However, we are not liable if you miss your train for any reason.
Trains ARRIVE from the direction of Oxford/London (Paddington) at:
Trains DEPART from Moreton-in Marsh in the direction of Oxford/London (Paddington) at:
This is a private tour which takes the same route every day and costs £85 per person (this does not include food and drink). So, you can take the tour as a solo traveller, a couple or a small group, up to a maximum of seven seats.
• Air conditioned
• Fantastic all-round raised visibility.
• Luxurious and comfortable.
• Each minibus is fully insured for private hire.
• We hold an operator’s licence.
- We operate the Cotswolds Mystery Tour daily throughout the year, apart from December 25th and 26th.
- We reserve the right to cancel the tour at any time with a full refund. In the unlikely event of us being unable to run the tour for any reason such as adverse weather conditions, you’ll be fully refunded for your Cotswolds Mystery Tour.
- Regrettably, we do not accept children under the age of six.
- Regrettably, we do not accept pets.
- Please do not bring your suitcases or hand luggage as we do not have room on the minibus. Please see the following link for luggage storage.
- If you are late and the minibus has left without you a refund will not be given. However, if your train is delayed we will wait for you.
- Cancellation is 100% refund, 30 days prior to the tour date. If you notify us less than 30 days before the tour date, we will make your seat(s) available and will only issue a refund of 100% if your seat(s) are re-sold. Even if you have booked less than 30 days before the tour date, these conditions still apply. Once you have booked your tour, you cannot change the date within 30 days of the tour.If you are coming by car, the postcode for Moreton-in-Marsh railway station is GL56 0AA. Allow time for busy traffic, time to park your car and to buy a ‘pay and display’ ticket from the machine. Registration is at 10.00 – We will start the tour promptly at 10.15. Even if you contact us to let us know that you are going to be late, we regret that we will be unable to wait for you. There is a car park at the railway station and another as you approach the railway station. Tuesday is market day and therefore, it will take you longer to find a space. If you miss the start of the tour at 10.15, we are unable to issue a refund or provide a replacement/free tour on another day.Most people taking the tour arrive on a direct train from London, if the train is late, we will wait for you. If you miss the train or take the wrong train, we cannot collect you from a later train, because we do not have a licensed vehicle.
The vehicles and guides collecting you have to be licensed to transport you. When the tour starts at 10.15, we do not have additional guides or vehicles. Please do not telephone or email us to ask if we will wait, we will not do this because it is unfair on the other passengers that have arrived on time. (if we had a spare guide and vehicle on standby, this would make the tour much more expensive). Once the tour has started, you cannot join the tour by taking a taxi, or using your own car.
Children aged six and over pay the full tour price. Children under six and pets are not permitted on the tour.
- Smoking inside the minibus is not permitted.
- We have full public liability insurance.
- One of the biggest changes to UK data privacy law comes into effect this year. The General Data Protection Regulation, also known as GDPR, means that you will have more control over how your data is used. By making a booking you are agreeing to us storing your personal details. Under no circumstances, will we will use your email address(s) or personal information for anything other than contacting you about our tour. We will not share or sell your email address(s) or personal details to anyone. Should you wish your personal details to be deleted please email us.